16 May 2013

Southern Charm + FUN news!

It's been a while since my last post, but that's because I've been a very busy bee.  More on that to come. That's right, you must read the entire blog to hear the wonderful news! But it's worth it, because I present to you <drum roll please!> last weekend's Steeplechase sweetness! Steeplechase is a lot like the Kentucky Derby, in that people wear big hats while "over-serving" themselves and I think it also involves horses.  I can't be sure, because the stories I've heard mostly involve alcohol, mud and rain, but I'll take people's word for it.  In any case, Steeplechase has no known traditions that I could deconstruct into delicious treats - after all, nobody wants to eat mud.  So instead, I stole Kentucky Derby traditions.  If you said mint juleps and red roses, you'd be correct!

Let's start with my personal favorite - the mint julep brownie.


Yes, you heard me! Gooey, chocolatey, minty, and boozy, this brownie was infused with a heaping dose of Tennessee charm. And by that, I mean the ever glorious Jack Daniel's whiskey.  And I suppose it doesn't hurt that I decided to swirl in a heavy dose of creamy, minty cheesecake into the batter.


Yes, I've combined two favorites:



And made the brownies super thick by putting them in a 9x9 pan! Talk about deep dish desserts!


Next on the list of derby delights is the ever-glorious red velvet cupcake.  I went for a deep red color, and swirled a rich, tangy cream cheese frosting on top.


 It was pretty glorious...


But enough about the sweets! You want to hear the gossip! The news!  The FUN news!  You got it.  After a long, hard day at work, I toured a beautiful commercial kitchen space. And it was the real deal, with a very bright and helpful staff that plans to help me every step of the way. This could be it folks!  This could be the start of a beautiful working friendship!  Littlest Love could be in business as early as June, so be on the lookout for a real deal website and a possible Littlest Love siting somewhere in Nashville, TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment