16 April 2013

Praying for Boston

Today, my heart is heavy.  For those who were affected by yesterday's unthinkable acts, my heart goes out to all of you in Boston.  The Boston Marathon is supposed to be inspiring and energetic, and yesterday, it was surrounded by terror and sadness.

I received a text message from a very close friend who lives in Boston and witnessed the entire thing from the John Hancock building just a few blocks away.  All it said was "Something happened. There was an explosion at the marathon finish line."  My heart sank.  My eyes welled with tears as I opened CNN reports, the New York Times reports, and watched the story unfold.  The fear and destruction was awful.

For those of you who don't know, my boyfriend, Justin, is a marathon runner, and very well could've been out there.  At 4:45pm on the dot, I raced home and hugged him, not letting go for what felt like forever.  I hope everyone hugged their loved ones a little tighter last night.  As for Justin, he went running.

I know that we all have busy lives, but Boston, today we are all praying for you!



2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful post! My heart is with all of those affected by this awful event.

    Stay Strong, Keep Running, and Pray for Boston!

    ReplyDelete