01 April 2013

Ready? Set? Bake!

The shotgun fires and we are off to the races!

I'm finally ready and excited to embark on my adventure to open my very own bakery. Life has handed me some lemons, but it's also handed me flour, sugar, salt, eggs and butter, so I'm making lemon squares! Are you with me? No? Okay well then here is a little story time for you.

 I am 29 years old, and the realization that I'm not getting any younger hasn't really hit me yet. But what has hit me is that I've been tip toeing my way through life. Whether it be fear of failure or just fear in general, I've been crawling through life working for other people and hoping that one day I would find my passion in life. Something that makes me want to wake up early and go to bed late.

I've been unbelievably blessed with a boyfriend who embodies all of the things I want in a person, and has taught me to try everything, whether it be a weird food, or jumping off a cliff, or trying out for a reality television show. He teaches me how to seek more out of life. And not in a small way, where you seek hobbies, but in a much bigger way that turns a hobby into a passion into a career. He pushes himself to his limits, has the willpower of a superhero, and most importantly, he pushes me to reach my goals no matter how scary or unattainable they may seem.

Through his undying faith in me, and the incredible, unwavering support of my family and friends, I've decided to just go for it! I will start with an e-commerce site by this summer, and hope to open a retail bakery store front in the next year. I will use this blog to discuss obstacles and opportunities alike. Hopefully I'll throw in a few delicious treats for readers - which I guess doesn't count for much until the scratch-and-sniff computer screens are invented.

In any case, I'll be posting sporadically, and hope everyone will visit Littlest Love when it opens!

3 comments:

  1. Very poignant my dear. Love littlest love already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! So proud of you and everything you are going to do with your great talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for your adventure. So impressed with everything you've done and everything you will do.

    ReplyDelete