29 April 2013

Whole30 Craving Post: Vending Machine Cupcakes

Today's post is pretty exciting.  And by exciting, I mean cravings-inducing, all out, satisfying in every horrible and wonderful way possible for a human being.  It just so happens that today I'm feeling like I could raid a vending machine.  I won't, but really, I think I could.

After a soccer game yesterday and a pretty meager lunch today, I'd trade my right arm for a Diet Mountain Dew, a Twix and a handful of Pretzel M&Ms.  Don't worry, my Whole30 support system won't actually let me do this, but a girl can dream, can't she??

That's right.  Today, I bring you the dreams stuff is made of: Vending Machine Cupcakes.  Think of every possible craving you could have, and imagine it rolled into one beautiful cupcake!  It packs a big punch, starting with 3 types of candy bars crushed and folded into a fluffy vanilla batter, and ending with a dollop of tangy, Mountain Dew frosting.  And if that wasn't enough for you, I topped it all off with a few sprinkles of crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos.

Don't act like you aren't salivating...



I made these for one of my best friends' birthday last year, and my boyfriend watched me bake in awe, fear, and a little disgust.  Turns out, this guy right here (happy boyfriend, pictured below), was in heaven!  Despite his initial apprehension, he will try just about anything at least once.  And lucky for him, he did.  They were delicious!  And truth be told, I stole a few bites of his cupcake because they were THAT GOOD.



Happy, "healthy" cravings to all on this ever-so beautiful Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment